Besides archiving quotes, pictures, and information about Easy Company, I am trying—attempting, haha—to put together a project called SALUTING THE MEN AND THE RANKS.
The basis of this project is to put together a fan-made book thanking not only the veterans of Easy Company, but also the cast and crew who made Band of Brothers possible. The project can only be a complete success with your help; it would be great to reach all of the Band of Brothers fans across the world!
For the project, I am accepting:
- Pictures of you with various Band of Brothers related items, or just these items (because I know a lot of us own memoirs, DVDs, etc.)
- Pictures and accounts of you with Easy Company veterans or Band of Brothers actors, if you have been so fortunate as to meet them.
- Original poetry
- Original fanart based on Easy Company/Band of Brothers as long as it’s appropriate and respectful.
- Tributes/Thank You messages/In Memory Of notes about Major Richard Winters, in light of his passing.
- General Thank You messages to the veterans and/or cast and crew.
- Individual tributes to other troopers if you wish.
- Pictures of you in places where Easy Company trained or fought, if you have been lucky enough to travel or live near them.
Especially important entries I would love:
- How has the story of Easy Company or Band of Brothers influenced or changed you?
- Accounts of how you got into Band of Brothers, and what you thought of it.
Messages can be any length you wish, in “essay” or letter form, it doesn’t matter!
As of right now, there isn’t a deadline for submissions.
You can have multiple submissions—this is, in fact, greatly encouraged!
You can either submit them anonymously or with a first name (last name is optional) and where you’re from.
Submissions can be made via the blog, or by email, which you can find on the sidebar.
If you are submitting via email, please let me know.
If you have a twitter account, pass along the project plans to others and find the blog’s twitter @salutingeasyco
It would be wonderful to get the attention of the actors or others involved in the Band of Brothers community :)
Remember, this can only be possible with your contributions! Easy Company gave so much for us, and told us their stories, so I do believe it’s about time we organized a little book to share with them to thank them!